"Helping Students Find Their Voices..." - www.voicebcn.com
Dr. Caicedo incorporates her knowledge of the human body and mind in their teaching and believes that the process of discovering the own voice is a process that brings spiritual and human growth.
An experienced voice teacher, Patricia offers voice lessons to students of all skill levels and voice ranges.
Dr. Caicedo is an experienced performer and brings all of her experience to her teaching. Her training as a physician, classical singer and musicologist gives her a very unique set of tools to help the student achieve his or her goals.
In terms of teaching, Patricia has a wide range of experience with students of all levels.
She specially enjoys working with beginners since she thinks the most important part of the training is just when the student is building the foundations of his/her technique.
Each year she accepts students who come to Barcelona from different countries to study with her. Although her specialty is the Latin-American & Spanish Vocal repertoire, due to her vast experience she also trains singers in musical theater, opera, jazz and pop.
Patricia is a full member of the National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) and a member of the New York Singing Teachers Association (NYSTA). She was invited to perform at the International Voice Teacher Convention held in Vancouver in 2005 and as a presenter at the same convention in 2009 in Paris. In 2017 she will be delivering a lecture at the ICVT in Stockholm.
Dr. Caicedo offers her students a complete training that includes: Anatomy and Physiology, Breathing, Posture, Vocalization, Diction and Interpretation, Audition Preparation, Care of the voice, Repertory, Music History, Applied Alexander Technique for singers, Voice therapy for vocal disorders.
Her goal is that the each student acquires a "complete vision of their resources and possibilities as a singer."
Patricia has been invited and artist at the following institutions:
- University of Californina Riverside
- University of California Irvine
- Saint Olaff College, MN, USCal Poly, CA, USA
- Texas Christian University, TX, USA
- University of Texas as Dallas, TX, USA
- University of Texas at Austin
- Keene State College, NH, USA
- Florida State University, Tallahassee , FL (USA)
- University of South Florida, Tampa, FL (USA)
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
- Gordon College, GA, USA
- Brigham Young University, Utah, USA
- Loyola University, Chicago, USA
- New York University, New York, USA
- New York Chapter of NATS
- Teacher's College of Columbia University, New York, US
- Universidad de Caldas, Colombia
- Orquesta Filarmonica de Bogota, Bogota, Colombia
- Universidad de Cádiz, Spain
- Barcelona Festival of Song, Barcelona, Spain
- VI International Voice Teacher Convention, Vancouver, Canada
- VII International Voice Teacher Convention, Paris, France
- Conservatorio de Puerto Rico
Patricia Caicedo is an active member of National Association of teachers of Singing NATS, the New York Singing Teachers Association NYSTA, the American Musicological Society AMS - and a founding member and board of directors of the Latin American Art Song Alliance. LAASA